Penta in the Community
Since we launched Penta in the Community as part of our CSR strategy, we have established links with a number of different charities and not for profit groups. Not only do we offer financial support but we encourage and give time off to our staff to volunteer which we believe is an important part of their personal development. This community programme was rated number one in its category in The 2012 Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for awards and remains a showcase programme.
Our national charity Debra, (www.debra.org.uk), which provides help for sufferers from EB, a life threatening condition which causes spontaneous blistering, has been our company charity for the past six years and during that time we have raised over £65K. Penta in the Community, (our CSR programme) supports and encourages staff to get involved with a wide range of local charities and organisations including:
- Career Academies UK – Mentoring programme for 16-18 year olds with Greenshaw School in Sutton.
- Orchard Hill College in Wallington
- Woodmansterne Hyde FC – under 10s
- Wallington Little Football League for the under 14s
- Carshalton Football Academy for 16-18 year olds
- Beddington & Wallington Senior Citizen’s Club
- Wallington May Queen
- 1st North Wallington Scout Group
- 15th Wallington Scout Group – Special Needs
- Wandle Trust – Trout in the Classroom
- Royal Marsden Hospital in Sutton
- South London Community Drug Service – Back to work programme